Privacy Company helps businesses solve the privacy compliance problem, with a focus on bringing privacy awareness within reach of those who are not experts or lawyers. We’ve developed a web application, Privacy Nexus, that offers a very practical approach to reach this goal and has been designed to make privacy management easier, more efficient and more fun.
The development team currently consists of three developers and one product manager, and we are looking for a new UI/UX Designer to help us bring our product to the next level. Given the small size of the team, there are countless opportunities to make an impact on both the product and our internal culture.
Our ideal colleague can craft exceptional UX, design beautiful interfaces, and enjoys working with engineers and other stakeholders to prototype and validate the design.
- A portfolio of design projects that shows your design chops
- You're not afraid to share your opinion and defend it
- The choices you make in your designs can be supported by theoretical knowledge
- Experience in tools like Balsamiq, Axure RP, Adobe Suite, or Sketch
- You know your way around HTML and CSS
- Proficiency in communicating in English
- Previous experience in UX or Interaction Design
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (like Less or Sass)
- Basic command line skills (git, bash)
- Identifying who our users are (personas), mapping their needs and keeping that info up to date
- Translating input from users, specialists and stakeholders into well defined requirements for user flows
- Use requirements to create wireframes and mockups of the application
- Creating a system of design conventions that can be reused throughout our application
- Come up with new feature suggestions to improve the overall user experience
- Facilitating creative sessions like Design Sprints
What we offer
- A challenging, fun environment with lots of autonomy and self-direction
- No hierarchy or project managers (we prefer self-organising)
- The possibility of working on other interesting projects within Privacy Company
- Flexibility about when and where you work (however this is not a fully remote position, ideally you should spend at least three days a week in the office with us)
- A Mac laptop (or Windows, but why?)
- Salary commensurate with your experience (40 hours/week)
- Long term commitment is intended
Like what you hear?
Send your application (CV and a link to your portfolio) to Beatrix ten Bosch, email@example.com, with the subject 'UX designer'. If you would like more information about us or about the position please contact Beatrix ten Bosch, recruiter, or Diederik The, product manager for Privacy Nexus, at 070-820 96 90.
No agency calls please.
14 December, 2018