At Privacy Company, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following
- E-mail your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP addressor the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise
- We will respond to your report within 3 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise), and
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. The amount of the reward will be determined based on the severity of the problem and the quality of the report. If you desire we will add your name to our Hall of Fame.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
Out of scope
Please consider whether the domain and the issue you are reporting on is in scope:
Domains not in scope
The following domains are outside of the scope of this policy:
- www.privacynexus.io – The website is hosted on the Webflow platform, separate from the Privacy Nexus application. Vulnerabilities in their platform should be directed to them.
Issues not in scope
We do not reward trivial vulnerabilities or bugs that cannot be abused. The following are examples of issues that are outside of the scope of the responsible disclosure policy:
- Anything related to HTTP security headers (e.g. X-Frame-Options,Content-Security-Policy, etc.),
- SPF, DKIM and DMARC issues,
- Clickjacking-related issues,
- SSL configuration issues (e.g. cipher suite and TLS version support)
Hall of Fame
We would like to thank the following reporters: